Label: Third Man
Over the past five years, JACK WHITE & Third Man Records have brought to life many ideas that were new to the century-old vinyl format. Continuing that grand tradition, the Lazaretto ULTRA LP contains many incredible bold innovations
- 180 gram vinyl.
- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels.
- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM and 1 plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record.
- Side A plays from the inside to the outside of the disc.
- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for "Just One Drink" depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
- Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record.
- Both sides end with locked grooves.
- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format.
- Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record.
- Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering.
- Different running order from the CD/digital version.
- Utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD/digital versions.
- LP includes MP3 download insert.