Label: Pink Floyd Recordings
In 1987, Pink Floyd made a triumphant resurgence. The legendary British band, formed in 1967, had suffered the loss of two co-founders: keyboardist / vocalist Richard Wright, who left after sessions for The Wall in 1979, and bass player and lyricist Roger Waters, who had left to go solo in 1985, soon after the 1983 album The Final Cut.
The gauntlet was thus laid down for guitarist/singer David Gilmour and drummer Nick Mason, who proceeded to create the multi-platinum A Momentary Lapse Of Reason album, a global chart smash, which also saw the return of Richard Wright to the fold.
Originally released in September 1987, A Momentary Lapse Of Reason was quickly embraced by fans worldwide, who flocked to attend the live tour dates, which started within days of the album’s release. The tour played to more than 4.25 million fans over more than two years, and, as a celebration of the enduring talent and global appeal of Pink Floyd, was unsurpassed at the time.
Pink Floyd’s stellar supporting cast for the live dates included: Jon Carin (Keyboards, Vocals), Tim Renwick (Guitars, Vocals), Guy Pratt (Bass, Vocals), Gary Wallis (Percussion), Scott Page (Saxophones, Guitar), Margret Taylor (Backing Vocals), Rachel Fury (Backing Vocals) and Durga McBroom (Backing Vocals).
Technical credits include: Film Producers: Curt Marvis and Carl Wyant; Director of Photography: Marc Reshovsky; Lighting Designer: Marc Brickman, with conceptual footage directed by Storm Thorgerson, except ‘Money’ directed by Storm Thorgerson, Barry Chattington and Peter Medak. Animation on 'Time' was by Ian Emes.
As a record of the creative power of David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright at their incendiary best, Pink Floyd’s Delicate Sound of Thunder is an engrossing and uplifting event, to be enjoyed by any rock music fan.
- 2-CD (same as regular 2-CD release).
- Blu-ray (same as Blu-ray release but includes bonus content - 5 live tracks not included on Standard Blu-ray disc).
- DVD (same as DVD release but inc bonus content - 5 live tracks not included on Standard DVD disc).
- Packaging: lift off top box (same size as The Endless river CD/BD box, and probably the same depth). 40-page booklet, perfect bound; Poster 4/4; 5 x Postcards 4/1.
- Length: 4 Hours, 36 Mins (141 Mins audio / 135 Mins AV) Plus 135 mins repeated on DVD.
- Full 2 hour, 21 Mins show. Remixed / Remastered.
- Packaging: 3 x 180g LPs in black Poly liners plus card outer sleeves with spine / 24 page booklet / slip case with die-cut hole in front to reveal band on stage.
- Length: 2 Hours, 21 Mins / 23 tracks. Includes 9 tracks not on original vinyl LP.
- Full 2 hour, 21 Mins show on 2xCDs. Remixed / Remastered.
- Packaging: 6 panel digipak with 24 page booklet in centre
- Length: 2 Hours, 21 Mins / 23 tracks. Includes 8 tracks not on current CD.
- 1 x Blu-ray disc in Blu-ray-sized, paper-based packaging, similar to David Gilmour ‘Remember That Night’. Includes slip case with die-cut circle.
- 24 page booklet.
- First release on stand-alone Blu-ray.
- Length: 2 hours 02 Mins / 16 tracks (Original VHS/Laserdisc-only release was 16 tracks / 90 mins with edited tracks)
- Single DVD disc in DVD-sized, paper-based packaging, similar to David Gilmour ‘Remember That Night’. Includes slip case with die-cut circle.
- 24 page booklet.
- First release on stand-alone DVD.
- Length: 2 hours 02 Mins / 16 tracks. (Original VHS/Laserdisc-only release was 16 tracks / 90 mins with edited tracks)