Behemoth mastermind Adam “Nergal” Darski has signed a menacing pact with the devil once again, returning with dark folk/blues/Americana influenced solo project ME AND THAT MAN’s third full-length studio album, New Man, New Songs, Same Shit, Vol.2, on November 19, 2021 via Napalm Records. As a sequel to the project’s previous record, New Man, New Songs, Same Shit, Vol.1 (2020), the enthralling new offering follows the exciting path Nergal then set ablaze, once again featuring an abundance of heavy music icons – but this time, he takes it to a whole new level. Experience greats such as Gary Holt (Slayer, Exodus), Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy), Randy Blythe (Lamb Of God), Myrkur, Devin Townsend, David Vincent, Doug Blair (W.A.S.P), Hank von Hell (Turbonegro) and Olve Abbath Eikemo (Immortal, Abbath) intertwining with the album’s bewitching collection of occult anthems, marking another breathtaking symbiosis of unfiltered blues, gothic-laced folk, country essence and touch of evil you’ll swear was either beamed straight out of hell or the most blackened of churches.
Opening track “Black Hearse Cadillac”, featuring the vocals of Hank von Hell and guitar sorcery by Anders Odden, marks a sinister beginning to this infernal journey through dark desert soundscapes and evil lyricism. Driving “Under The Spell” (feat. Mary Goore) lives up to its title, at times evoking a spaghetti western-esque ambience. Songs like wicked “Witches Don’t Fall in Love” (feat. Kristoffer Rygg/Ulver), straight-to-the-head rocking “Blues & Cocaine” (feat. Michale Graves) and mysterious “Goodbye” – with a haunting yet powerful vocal attack by Alissa White-Gluz – showcase the record’s extensive variety and that there’s something unexpected lurking all throughout. This is further evident on songs like the soulful blues-rock ballad “Angel of Light” featuring the compelling voice of Myrkur, or insanely dynamic, uptempo outburst of “Got Your Tongue” feat. Chris Georgiadis (Turbowolf). After the enticing debut Songs of Love And Death (2017), followed by sophomore release New Man, New Songs, Same Shit, Vol.1, its sequel once again mirrors Nergal in a completely different light and provides a tremendous contrast to the extreme metal sounds of Behemoth.
- Black Hearse Cadillac (Feat. Hank Von Hell, Anders Odden)
- Under the Spell (Feat. Mary Goore)
- All Hope Has Gone (Feat. Blaze Bayley, Gary Holt, Jeff Mantas Dunn)
- Witches Don't Fall in Love (Feat. Kristoffer Rygg)
- Losing My Blues (Feat. Olve Abbath Eikemo, Frank the Baptist, Chris Holmes)
- Coldest Day in Hell (Feat. Ralf Gyllenhammar, Douglas Blair)
- Year of the Snake (Feat. David Vincent)
- Blues & Cocaine (Feat. Michale Graves)
- Silver Halide Echoes (Feat. Randy Blythe)
- Goodbye (Feat. Alissa White-Gluz, Devin Townsend)
- Angel of Light (Feat. Myrkur)
- Got Your Tongue (Feat. Chris Georgiadis)